The answer is ‘it depends’ as there are various factors to take into account before you can give an accurate estimate, for a general business brouchure website that requires a customised WordPress Blog and onsite ‘optimisation’ (SEO) that we have a completed questionnaire for with all the text and photos for from the business owner* it can take anywhere from 2-5 weeks, to give you an idea of progress during a website build we include some sample questions and updates you could receive during the build of your website:
*The majority of website projects we complete we use a combination of client supplied photos and professional stock photos and the webcopy for the site is normally either created by us or proof-read and corrected by us.
Week 1 – Sorry for the delay in getting this email to you but I got side-tracked after I left you yesterday after our meeting! Anyway I have detailed below what we ideally need to get from your current service provider / host In order to get your new site up and running, ideally we need to get your current “Wordpress Blog” (news section) including al the historical articles and comments into the new WordPress site.
So we need the following:-
1. Backup of the MYSQL Database which runs the Blog (including database user name and password)
2. FTP Access to the current website so that we can download any content and images that we may use in the new site
3. Any Stock images originally purchased for the creation of the current site.
Once we have at least point 1 above, then I can move on and create the database. My suspicion is that once you request these three things then he will know you have decided to go elsewhere – by the Thanks for bearing with me over the weekend!
Week 2 – I have as promised created some visuals for you and they can be seen on our test server now. Please note the following:
They are based on the black background look and feel as we discussed at our meeting
They are purely for visual purposes so don’t expect the buttons to work!
There are actually 3 variations of the visual, so see each one simply click anywhere on the images
They take a few seconds to load, because they are black (but wont when we build it)
Some of the text is probably wrong as this is purely for visual purposes
Let me have your feedback when you’re ready
Week 3 – As promised, we have now built the site and will be adding the remaining content and replacing the images shortly. You can see the working site online now. Please note there are a couple of things to bear in mind
1. Not all the main content is in place yet and I will be doing this during the week
2. I haven’t replaced the “main” website banner images yet and will be doing that this week
3. The News section is in place and working but needs to be updated with the most recent stories/articles
4. I will add the before and after galleries once we have met again
Overall there still a fair bit of content to get in but I though you would like to see some progress. It might be worth meeting later in the week once we have added more content for a review meeting before we put the site live. Let me have your feedback
Week 4 – As promised we have now added more or less everything we discussed at our meeting last week. Can you have a look at the site again and let me have feedback. There are a couple of things I need input from you on in terms of content.
1. I need direction on what you want to say on the about your company page.
2. I have added the other services you asked for but I need content on some of the new ones.
3. You were going to tell me how you wanted the services galleries grouped – I have added a couple for your comment.
4. I have added the press page and special offers sign up page
5. The offices and contact page has been added but you mentioned another office.
6. Lastly based on your direction I have changed the images at the top (not purchased) to include the ones you suggested
Let me know what you think of the changes
I’m pretty sure I’ve done everything you asked me to do on the site now, (although you will be the judge of that!!). Please have a look and let me know what else needs to happen. With regard to the banners at the top, I have not purchased these until you tell me they are 100% correct